Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bump in the road.

Literally... that's what it felt like at the trot last night.

I went out after work to ride. I had this great plan for working on gait cadence, transitions, and freeing her movement. I get on, I ask for the trot, and she's off in the back! Poor thing.

She's had a slight limp in her back left for awhile now. I had the vet look at her and we both think its her hock, but can't really nail it down. It doesn't really seem to bother her too much. Even last night she didn't refuse to trot or canter or anything that I asked of her. But, I could feel that she was off. The vet had recommended putting front shoes on her, which I've done and that's seemed to really help alot. But, she's two weeks overdue for a new set due to some unavoidable circumstances and I think that may be contributing. I think she's also a bit sore because she hasn't been ridden this consistently in a year or so.

I gave her some bute when I put her away last night and I'm going to rest her today and tomorrow so that hopefully she will be good for our lesson on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment