Saturday, January 22, 2011

A lack of communication

I was really looking forward to my lesson today... even though it's REALLY cold out for Atlanta. I got to the barn, saddled up, and lunged her to check that limp. It was there, but not as bad as Wednesday and she warmed out of it a bit. So I thought we were in for a great lesson!

Not so much... as it turns out. There were alot of great things about it! My legs are in much better position, Secret is trotting the ground poles in a much better rhythm, I'm not overthinking them and letting her figure it out, my two-point is much better, and we are finally learning to lengthen stride at the walk/trot to a more forward gait. The monkey wrench in the gears was that there was one corner that I just couldn't get her into. So my trainer tells me to stop dropping my outside hand, to push with my inside leg, and pick up my inside hand. I kinda got the last two, but I'm dropping my outside hand. AND, Secret never did get into that corner, although my trainer assures me that we got closer each time. It just frustrated me SO much! She is so good and she tries so hard that I just HATE it when I can't communicate what I want clearly. Ugh! Ugh! Ugh!

So, the things I have to work on this week: keeping my reins even, not dropping my hands around turns, and looking UP. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment