Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy Trails!

Today my husband wanted to trail ride with me! That's is highly unusual so I jump at the opportunity everytime he asks. Besides that, Secret needed to get out on the trail to avoid arena burn out.

So, I asked the girls at the barn if there was a lesson horse he could ride. "Sure!" they said, "Take Dixie, she's great!" Then I spent half an hour catching her... heffer! Then she laid her ears back and played the fool when I cinched her up. So, I decided to get on her first to make sure she wouldn't kill him as I've gotten rather attached to him. She was GREAT under saddle. I'd heard about horses like that and now I will thank god every day that I don't own one!

During all of this, my husband is laughing at me and telling me that HE is obviously the better horseman as he just walked up to Secret, put her halter on, and walked her quietly to the barn.

Well we finally got out onto the trail and my husband only walks (no cantering, no trotting), which was fine on the way out, but once they figured out we were on the way back to the barn, Secret and I had to have a moment about our speed. She calmed down pretty quickly though.

Overall it was a short but relaxing ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment